How Annual Cleanings Protect Your Furnace From Failure
Just like spring cleaning for your house, every two or three years, your furnace needs a spring cleaning. We’ll pull it apart and clean everything of build-up debris, scale, and rust, especially from burners and heat exchangers. That will help maintain the efficiency of your system and make it last longer. When your furnace is dirty inside, it has to work harder, so it’s less efficient. That means more heat gets blown up the flue rather than into your home.
Here’s More of What’s on a Complete Maintenance
- Do a complete check for carbon monoxide leaks
- Make sure there are no gas leaks
- Measure any temperature and voltage differences
- Ensure the amperage draw is in-line
- Double-check that all electrical connections are tight
- Test the limit switch on the fan to make sure it’s working
- Ensure all heating systems and service problems are handled
Without proper filtration and yearly inspection, a neglected furnace system can have a shorter life. Plus, if it’s not working correctly, it can wear itself out quickly, stop working, or even worse, pump carbon monoxide into your home. Regularly scheduled maintenance makes your furnace run better. Plus, it’s more efficient and will last longer. If a breakdown does happen, the technicians at Envirosmart Solution can handle your problems quickly and cost-effectively.